Preview night for St Albans’ Ivy brasserie proves to be the hottest tickets in town
- Credit: Archant
It’s been the biggest buzz on social media for months, and lucky local residents found out why first hand when they were invited to a preview evening for the city’s new Ivy Brasserie.
Guests including reality TV star Luisa Zissman, local comedy hero Bob Golding and actor Vincent Franklin enjoyed an advanced look around the restaurant while enjoying a night of Champagne and canapés.
Other locals in attendance included social media legend Sharon Linney, crime authors Matt Arlidge and Angela Clarke, prosthetic limbs campaigner Sarah Hope and comedian Vicky Arlidge.
Luisa told the Herts Ad: “I adore the Ivy group and now they have come to St Albans is a dream come true, no more trekking to London for a fancy dinner or girlie lunch. A wonderful addition to St Albans once again putting our beautiful local city on the map!”
Cucumber and Twenty-Twelve star Vincent agreed: “How great to have a bit of West End glam without having to brave the Thameslink.”
You may also want to watch:
Alban Arena pantomime dame Bob said: “This looks like it’s going to be a fun, classy and cool eatery for the city’s discerning diners.”
Crime writer Matthew Arlidge said: “Dining in the original Ivy is a unique experience. It’s great to have a slice of this now in the heart of St Albans! The decor is amazing, the food delicious and the wine first rate. A great addition to the St Albans scene.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Fellow author Angela Clarke added: “It’s so exciting to have our own pocket of old school London glamour in St Albans. Plus, those cocktails...!”
Pride of Britain winner Sarah Hope said: “A fabulous evening, with hibiscus gin cocktails and yummy canapes in the most beautiful setting in the shadow of St Albans Cathedral and right in the heart of this wonderful, vibrant city.”
The critically-acclaimed Martin Brudnizki Design Studio consulted on the brasserie’s interiors, with features including an onyx bar, pendant lighting, marble floor tiles and polished parquet panel flooring, as well as a mixture of leather banquettes, dining chairs and bar stools.
The Ivy St Albans officially opens next Wednesday, with a menu featuring a mix of modern British classics and internationally inspired dishes.