Celebrations all round at Redbourn Care Group
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers for a village charity brought together for a thank you party also had an opportunity to celebrate the retirement of its office manager and trustee.
But Jane Spreull, who has looked after the administrative needs of Redbourn Care Group as well as recruiting and organising volunteers for 17 years, will still be keeping her hand in with the charity.
She will continue to drive people to medical appointments and help out one morning a fortnight.
Jane was presented with flowers and an engraved glass mantle clock by the care group’s chairman, Barry Welch. Describing her role as pivotal, he said: “Jane has done a fantastic job over the years and has been the focal point for the delivery of valued services to our many clients.”
Redbourn Care Group has over 110 volunteer members but more residents are needed to come forward and help. Barry added: “As a charity, we rely on the good will of local able people to become members and help us achieve our goals. Both car and minibus drivers are always needed, as are people with office and communication skills.
You may also want to watch:
“Please call our office on 01582 794550 any weekday morning after 9.30 if you are interested in being part of our great success story.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area