Celebrate St Albans’ independent retailers and restaurants this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Come and celebrate St Albans’ rich diversity of independent retailers at this weekend’s first ever Independents Day.
On Saturday, July 4, the St Albans City Centre Partnership will be taking a market stall and offering local independent shops and restaurants the opportunity of promoting their establishment for free to the visitors of St Albans throughout the day.
City centre manager Richard Marrett said: “Independents Day is the perfect opportunity for independent retailers to flex their creative muscles and get local people back into their shops and the City Centre Partnership (CCP) is looking to promote this across St Albans city centre.
“This event will be highlighting the incredibly important role that independent shops play in our community, the local economy to which they contribute, and in the retail sector as a whole.”
Phil Corrigan, chairman of the CCP and manager of The Maltings Shopping Centre, said: “We are lucky as a city to have a good number of independent retailers, restaurants and bars and this is an ideal time to celebrate them.”
You may also want to watch:
Sue Wybrow, owner of Popdance Ltd added: “What a fantastic idea to have a St Albans Independents Day on 4th July. It is a fantastic opportunity for local businesses to share the benefits of what they offer within the local community, plus it will promote the great comradery that exists among St Albans businesses, with people coming together to show off what fab businesses and services we have available in this exciting city.”
If you are an independent retailer, shop owner or restauranteur and would like to take part in Independents Day, please contact Richard Marrett at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order