Celebrate man's best friend at St Albans dog show
TAILS will be wagging at a charity dog show in St Albans next month. Canines will be strutting their stuff in 10 different categories at Highfield Park on Saturday, September 5, to raise money for the Great Dane Adoption Society. Any breed can enter and t
TAILS will be wagging at a charity dog show in St Albans next month.
Canines will be strutting their stuff in 10 different categories at Highfield Park on Saturday, September 5, to raise money for the Great Dane Adoption Society.
Any breed can enter and the crowns up for grabs include 'best rescue dog' and 'best biscuit catcher.'
The Highfield Park Trust, Mutts Cuts and Partners Pets are supporting the event.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to compete in each of the categories costs �1, with all proceeds going towards helping rescued Great Danes find a new home.
Sue Gaylard, one of the event organisers who regularly walks her dog in Highfield Park, said: "It's an excellent place to walk your dog, which is why it is the perfect place for a dog show. We hope that lots of people come along and support the day."
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
The show will take place on the back football field and parking is available at Charters Heath Club. Registration for the competition starts at 2.30pm.
For more information visit www.highfieldparktrust.co.uk