CCTV: Police want to speak to these women about thefts in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of women they would like to speak to in connection to thefts in St Albans and Hemel Hempstead.
The women pictured have allegedly been linked to a string of thefts which included incidents on Redbourn Road and Victoria Street.
On January 24 at the Slug and Lettuce, a bar on Victoria Street, a woman in her 40s had her bank card stolen from her purse between 11.45am and 1.10pm.
The same day saw a similar event happen at the Garden House on Redbourn Road, St Albans, between 12.15-1pm, where a woman had her bank card stolen from her purse.
All thefts recorded on CCTV were targeted towards women and their handbags or purses.
You may also want to watch:
PC Matt Cann said: “These thefts have targeted vulnerable people so anyone who recognises these women, or if they recognise themselves, contact me straight away.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Cann via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre