CCTV images released of motorcyclist sought in connection with petrol thefts
- Credit: Image supplied
A service station in St Albans is among a string of garages targeted by a motorcyclist stealing fuel across Hertfordshire.
CCTV images have been released by Herts Police showing a motorcyclist they want to speak to in connection with 13 alleged petrol thefts, which occurred between September 2012 and June 2014.
Petrol was stolen from Shell garage on Watford Road, Chiswell Green, on September 22, 2012.
All the thefts involved either a black Honda CBR Fireblade or an orange CBR Fireblade bike, which are believed to have been ridden by the same motorcyclist.
Sergeant Stephen Oliphant, investigating, said: “We would like to trace the rider pictured. I appreciate this is difficult as their face is covered but the bikes are quite distinctive.
“If anyone knows who this person is, or has information about the thefts, please get in contact with me.”
The thefts occurred in Hitchin, Hinxworth, Bishop’s Stortford, Northwood, St Albans, Hertford, Borehamwood and South Mimms.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic
Sgt Oliphant can be contacted on non emergency number 101, or you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.