CCTV images released of motorcyclist sought in connection with petrol thefts
- Credit: Image supplied
A service station in St Albans is among a string of garages targeted by a motorcyclist stealing fuel across Hertfordshire.
CCTV images have been released by Herts Police showing a motorcyclist they want to speak to in connection with 13 alleged petrol thefts, which occurred between September 2012 and June 2014.
Petrol was stolen from Shell garage on Watford Road, Chiswell Green, on September 22, 2012.
All the thefts involved either a black Honda CBR Fireblade or an orange CBR Fireblade bike, which are believed to have been ridden by the same motorcyclist.
Sergeant Stephen Oliphant, investigating, said: “We would like to trace the rider pictured. I appreciate this is difficult as their face is covered but the bikes are quite distinctive.
“If anyone knows who this person is, or has information about the thefts, please get in contact with me.”
The thefts occurred in Hitchin, Hinxworth, Bishop’s Stortford, Northwood, St Albans, Hertford, Borehamwood and South Mimms.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
Sgt Oliphant can be contacted on non emergency number 101, or you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.