CCTV images released of motorcyclist sought in connection with petrol thefts
- Credit: Image supplied
A service station in St Albans is among a string of garages targeted by a motorcyclist stealing fuel across Hertfordshire.
CCTV images have been released by Herts Police showing a motorcyclist they want to speak to in connection with 13 alleged petrol thefts, which occurred between September 2012 and June 2014.
Petrol was stolen from Shell garage on Watford Road, Chiswell Green, on September 22, 2012.
All the thefts involved either a black Honda CBR Fireblade or an orange CBR Fireblade bike, which are believed to have been ridden by the same motorcyclist.
Sergeant Stephen Oliphant, investigating, said: “We would like to trace the rider pictured. I appreciate this is difficult as their face is covered but the bikes are quite distinctive.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone knows who this person is, or has information about the thefts, please get in contact with me.”
The thefts occurred in Hitchin, Hinxworth, Bishop’s Stortford, Northwood, St Albans, Hertford, Borehamwood and South Mimms.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
Sgt Oliphant can be contacted on non emergency number 101, or you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.