CCTV images released of motorcyclist sought in connection with petrol thefts
- Credit: Image supplied
A service station in St Albans is among a string of garages targeted by a motorcyclist stealing fuel across Hertfordshire.
CCTV images have been released by Herts Police showing a motorcyclist they want to speak to in connection with 13 alleged petrol thefts, which occurred between September 2012 and June 2014.
Petrol was stolen from Shell garage on Watford Road, Chiswell Green, on September 22, 2012.
All the thefts involved either a black Honda CBR Fireblade or an orange CBR Fireblade bike, which are believed to have been ridden by the same motorcyclist.
Sergeant Stephen Oliphant, investigating, said: “We would like to trace the rider pictured. I appreciate this is difficult as their face is covered but the bikes are quite distinctive.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone knows who this person is, or has information about the thefts, please get in contact with me.”
The thefts occurred in Hitchin, Hinxworth, Bishop’s Stortford, Northwood, St Albans, Hertford, Borehamwood and South Mimms.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Sgt Oliphant can be contacted on non emergency number 101, or you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.