CCTV image released following metal cable theft in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they want to talk to after metal cable was stolen at a radio mast site in Wheathampstead last week.
Between 1.30pm and 1.50pm on Thursday, August 7, a man cut a hole in a fence surrounding the site and dug up a number of the lightning protection cables.
He cut them but left them behind after being disturbed and ran away from the site.
Safer Neighbourhood Team Sgt Tom Fisher said: “This theft, and the damage it caused, was extremely reckless and dangerous to the person responsible and others.
“I would like to identify the man pictured as quickly as possible because he may be able to assist us with our investigation. If anyone believes they know his identity, please contact me straight away.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact Sgt Fisher on the Herts police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall