CCTV image appeal after Harpenden assault
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV image of a man police want to speak to in connection with an assault in Harpenden has been released.
The incident started at 12.20am on Saturday, February 9, with a verbal altercation inside Harpenden Grill and Kebab shop on Station Road.
The victim, who was a man in his 20s, was then punched several times by another man just outside the eatery. He fell back and hit his head on the floor causing him to suffer serious injurious to his head and face.
Shortly after the incident the man police want to question was seen at Luton rail station.
Assistant investigator Nina Garrard, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “I would like to speak to the man seen in this image or anyone who believes they recognise him.
“We believe he was in the Station Road area of Harpenden at the time of the incident and may have seen the incident or have information that can help our investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact assistant investigator Nina Garrard via the police non-emergency number 101, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins