CCTV footage released after Harpenden caf� theft
THE police are seeking two women who may have witnessed the theft of bank cards and a driving licence from a customer at a Harpenden caf�.
A spokesman for Herts Police said it was believed the theft occurred when the victim, a woman in her 50s from Harpenden, had been sitting in Caf� Gusto in Thompsons Close at about 3pm on Friday November 16.
He said that the offenders entered the caf� and sat at the table next to the victim.
It is alleged that they took the victim’s bank cards and driving licence from her handbag which was on the floor by the table.
One of the cards was later used to withdraw cash from the victim’s bank in St Albans.
The police have this week released CCTV images of two people they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
Pc Emma Collins, from the Safer Neighbourhood Team in Harpenden, said: “We are trying to trace these two people as they may have witnessed this theft and have information that is key to our investigation.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 7 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 8 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
“If you recognise them or know anything about this crime, please get in touch with police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.