CCTV footage released after Harpenden caf� theft
THE police are seeking two women who may have witnessed the theft of bank cards and a driving licence from a customer at a Harpenden caf�.
A spokesman for Herts Police said it was believed the theft occurred when the victim, a woman in her 50s from Harpenden, had been sitting in Caf� Gusto in Thompsons Close at about 3pm on Friday November 16.
He said that the offenders entered the caf� and sat at the table next to the victim.
It is alleged that they took the victim’s bank cards and driving licence from her handbag which was on the floor by the table.
One of the cards was later used to withdraw cash from the victim’s bank in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
The police have this week released CCTV images of two people they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
Pc Emma Collins, from the Safer Neighbourhood Team in Harpenden, said: “We are trying to trace these two people as they may have witnessed this theft and have information that is key to our investigation.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
“If you recognise them or know anything about this crime, please get in touch with police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.