CCTV appeal following incident at St Albans bank
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with an attempted robbery at a St Albans bank.
Between 1pm and 1.15pm, on Saturday October 15, a woman went into Barclays Bank, on St Peter’s Street, counting money.
She was then allegedly shoved by a young man who tried to snatch the money that was in her hand.
A struggle ensued, where the victim shouted out. The thief then ran off up the northern part of St Peter’s Street.
Investigating officer, PC Neil Pugh, said: “We are really keen to speak to the man in the footage, as he may be able to assist the investigation, or for anyone who recognises him to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also ask if anyone knows anything about the incident to please contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Pugh via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life