CCTV appeal following incident at St Albans bank
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with an attempted robbery at a St Albans bank.
Between 1pm and 1.15pm, on Saturday October 15, a woman went into Barclays Bank, on St Peter’s Street, counting money.
She was then allegedly shoved by a young man who tried to snatch the money that was in her hand.
A struggle ensued, where the victim shouted out. The thief then ran off up the northern part of St Peter’s Street.
Investigating officer, PC Neil Pugh, said: “We are really keen to speak to the man in the footage, as he may be able to assist the investigation, or for anyone who recognises him to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also ask if anyone knows anything about the incident to please contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Pugh via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier