CCTV appeal following incident at St Albans bank
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with an attempted robbery at a St Albans bank.
Between 1pm and 1.15pm, on Saturday October 15, a woman went into Barclays Bank, on St Peter’s Street, counting money.
She was then allegedly shoved by a young man who tried to snatch the money that was in her hand.
A struggle ensued, where the victim shouted out. The thief then ran off up the northern part of St Peter’s Street.
Investigating officer, PC Neil Pugh, said: “We are really keen to speak to the man in the footage, as he may be able to assist the investigation, or for anyone who recognises him to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also ask if anyone knows anything about the incident to please contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Pugh via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters