CCTV appeal after sexual assault in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
These CCTV images have been released after a woman was sexually assaulted in St Albans.
The incident happened on April 11 at about midnight, when a woman in her 20s was walking from St Albans City Station and realised a man had followed her onto Victoria Street.
He started to walk beside the victim, trying to talk to her, before grabbing her arm and trying to forcefully kiss her.
PC Laura Richardson said: “The victim repeatedly told the male ‘no’ and pushed him away, but was understandably very shaken up by this incident.
“We are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen what happened. I believe there may be a number of witnesses as other people were leaving the station at the same time that night.”
She said police would like to speak to the man pictured: “I appreciate that you can’t see his face in the images, but someone may recognise him from his clothing.”
Anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident or who has any information should contact PC Richardson on firstname.lastname@example.org, call 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
The crime reference is 41/33154/19.
Anyone in Hertfordshire who has experienced sexual abuse or sexual violence can contact Herts SARC on 0808 178 4448, email Herts.SARC@nhs.net or visit www.hertssarc.org