Major progress being made on St Albans civic centre development
- Credit: Archant
Major progress is being made on the ‘most ambitious development St Albans council has undertaken’.
Surveys are currently being carried out at the Civic Centre Opportunity Site (CCOS) South site, which includes the former police and NHS buildings.
The council’s portfolio holder for development Julian Daly said: “This is a multi-million redevelopment, the most ambitious the council has undertaken.
“It has been years in the planning and now the public will begin to see major changes with the dilapidated old police station and health clinic due to be demolished early next year.
“Before that can take place, however, a lot of preparatory work needs to be done and this is the stage we are now progressing.This is a very exciting development. There is no doubt it will greatly improve an area in the very heart of the city that has become rather rundown.”
You may also want to watch:
In the New Year, work will begin to remove asbestos, put up scaffolding and then demolish the two buildings.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans