Cat burglar nabbed
A NEIGHBOUR has socked it to Savannah the cat by blowing the whistle on her footwear-stealing activities. Savannah featured on the front page of the Herts Advertiser several weeks ago because her owner, Ruth Cohen-Rose, was trying to trace whose socks she
A NEIGHBOUR has socked it to Savannah the cat by blowing the whistle on her footwear-stealing activities.
Savannah featured on the front page of the Herts Advertiser several weeks ago because her owner, Ruth Cohen-Rose, was trying to trace whose socks she was bringing into their home in Pinewood Close, St Albans.
And the article sparked a response from one of Ruth's neighbours who recognised her son's blue socks and admitted that Savannah, a rescue cat, had been a regular visitor in her house.
Not only had the neighbour caught Savannah in the act of coming down the stairs with a pair of socks in her mouth but she then makes a dash for the cat flap with her booty.
Ruth's neighbour also said they thought she tried to take other items including a feather duster judging by the orange feathers everywhere.
But there are no hard feelings - the neighbour said Savannah was a beautiful cat and very friendly and her activities had given them a good laugh.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
Ruth has now returned about 18 socks and a pair of pants to her neighbour - only to find when she got there that Savannah was asleep on their sofa!