Cat burglar nabbed
A NEIGHBOUR has socked it to Savannah the cat by blowing the whistle on her footwear-stealing activities. Savannah featured on the front page of the Herts Advertiser several weeks ago because her owner, Ruth Cohen-Rose, was trying to trace whose socks she
A NEIGHBOUR has socked it to Savannah the cat by blowing the whistle on her footwear-stealing activities.
Savannah featured on the front page of the Herts Advertiser several weeks ago because her owner, Ruth Cohen-Rose, was trying to trace whose socks she was bringing into their home in Pinewood Close, St Albans.
And the article sparked a response from one of Ruth's neighbours who recognised her son's blue socks and admitted that Savannah, a rescue cat, had been a regular visitor in her house.
Not only had the neighbour caught Savannah in the act of coming down the stairs with a pair of socks in her mouth but she then makes a dash for the cat flap with her booty.
You may also want to watch:
Ruth's neighbour also said they thought she tried to take other items including a feather duster judging by the orange feathers everywhere.
But there are no hard feelings - the neighbour said Savannah was a beautiful cat and very friendly and her activities had given them a good laugh.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
Ruth has now returned about 18 socks and a pair of pants to her neighbour - only to find when she got there that Savannah was asleep on their sofa!