Casting call for St Albans Fashion Week models next week
- Credit: Michelle Becker Pink Soul Photography
Could you be the next Kate Moss? Or are you as graceful as Gisele? If you think you’ve got the walk and the look for the catwalk get down to the Town Hall this Monday (7) to audition for St Albans Fashion Week.
Organisers for the upcoming event will be casting for male and female models, with beauties being given the chance to strut their stuff in front of a VIP guest panel between 5-6pm. Those interested do not need previous experience but will need to ooze confidence and demonstrate their best runway walk.
The panel includes representatives from the Herts Advertiser, St Albans Mayor Annie Brewster, Lady Camilla Cecil and Amanda Slader, manager of fashion and personal styling at John Lewis.
Models must be 16 or over, available all day on November 1 and are required to bring a close up photo of their face and a full length picture.The casting will be held between 3-8pm.
St Albans Fashion Week will run from October 28 to November 3 and is brought to the district by stylist Ellena Ophira, St Albans Cathedral and the Mayor of St Albans.
On November 1 an army of models will strut their stuff down the nave of the cathedral – the longest in the UK – and treat guests to the latest fashions from the district’s boutiques and retailers, before concluding in a bridal sequence featuring gowns from British fashion designer Jenny Packham.
Ellena said: “We have an award-winning collection of retailers and designers in St Albans and fashion is a very important part of the culture and life in this city, and is a serious industry across Hertfordshire.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
All proceeds from the week will be divided between The Mayor’s Charity, Ian Rennie Grove House Hospice, The Dream Foundation and the Cathedral Abbey Church of St Alban.
Tickets for the fashion show can be purchased online at: https://my.allaboutstalbans.net/book-tickets/St-Albans-Cathedral/565/Fashion-Show-at-St-Albans-Cathedral.aspx