Casting call for St Albans Fashion Week models next week
- Credit: Michelle Becker Pink Soul Photography
Could you be the next Kate Moss? Or are you as graceful as Gisele? If you think you’ve got the walk and the look for the catwalk get down to the Town Hall this Monday (7) to audition for St Albans Fashion Week.
Organisers for the upcoming event will be casting for male and female models, with beauties being given the chance to strut their stuff in front of a VIP guest panel between 5-6pm. Those interested do not need previous experience but will need to ooze confidence and demonstrate their best runway walk.
The panel includes representatives from the Herts Advertiser, St Albans Mayor Annie Brewster, Lady Camilla Cecil and Amanda Slader, manager of fashion and personal styling at John Lewis.
Models must be 16 or over, available all day on November 1 and are required to bring a close up photo of their face and a full length picture.The casting will be held between 3-8pm.
St Albans Fashion Week will run from October 28 to November 3 and is brought to the district by stylist Ellena Ophira, St Albans Cathedral and the Mayor of St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
On November 1 an army of models will strut their stuff down the nave of the cathedral – the longest in the UK – and treat guests to the latest fashions from the district’s boutiques and retailers, before concluding in a bridal sequence featuring gowns from British fashion designer Jenny Packham.
Ellena said: “We have an award-winning collection of retailers and designers in St Albans and fashion is a very important part of the culture and life in this city, and is a serious industry across Hertfordshire.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
All proceeds from the week will be divided between The Mayor’s Charity, Ian Rennie Grove House Hospice, The Dream Foundation and the Cathedral Abbey Church of St Alban.
Tickets for the fashion show can be purchased online at: https://my.allaboutstalbans.net/book-tickets/St-Albans-Cathedral/565/Fashion-Show-at-St-Albans-Cathedral.aspx