Casting call for St Albans Fashion Week models next week
- Credit: Michelle Becker Pink Soul Photography
Could you be the next Kate Moss? Or are you as graceful as Gisele? If you think you’ve got the walk and the look for the catwalk get down to the Town Hall this Monday (7) to audition for St Albans Fashion Week.
Organisers for the upcoming event will be casting for male and female models, with beauties being given the chance to strut their stuff in front of a VIP guest panel between 5-6pm. Those interested do not need previous experience but will need to ooze confidence and demonstrate their best runway walk.
The panel includes representatives from the Herts Advertiser, St Albans Mayor Annie Brewster, Lady Camilla Cecil and Amanda Slader, manager of fashion and personal styling at John Lewis.
Models must be 16 or over, available all day on November 1 and are required to bring a close up photo of their face and a full length picture.The casting will be held between 3-8pm.
St Albans Fashion Week will run from October 28 to November 3 and is brought to the district by stylist Ellena Ophira, St Albans Cathedral and the Mayor of St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
On November 1 an army of models will strut their stuff down the nave of the cathedral – the longest in the UK – and treat guests to the latest fashions from the district’s boutiques and retailers, before concluding in a bridal sequence featuring gowns from British fashion designer Jenny Packham.
Ellena said: “We have an award-winning collection of retailers and designers in St Albans and fashion is a very important part of the culture and life in this city, and is a serious industry across Hertfordshire.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
All proceeds from the week will be divided between The Mayor’s Charity, Ian Rennie Grove House Hospice, The Dream Foundation and the Cathedral Abbey Church of St Alban.
Tickets for the fashion show can be purchased online at: https://my.allaboutstalbans.net/book-tickets/St-Albans-Cathedral/565/Fashion-Show-at-St-Albans-Cathedral.aspx