Cars targeted in spate of criminal damage in Harpenden
EIGHT cars were vandalised in one night last week in Harpenden.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the criminal damage between 10pm on Friday (September 10) and 7.30am the following morning.
Cars parked in Cowper Road, Shakespeare Road, Milton Road and Gilpin Green were scratched and one convertible had some of the roof cut out of it.
Pc Ann-Marie Owen, from the Harpenden Neighbourhood Team, is investigating and said: “We believe these crimes are all linked and are appealing for anyone with information to come forward. In particular, if you saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area at the time or hanging around parked cars, I would urge you to contact us.”
She added: “Spates of damage like this are very unusual in Harpenden. This is petty, mindless vandalism that will not be tolerated in the town and anyone involved in such criminality will be dealt with robustly. We will also be increasing our high visibility and plain clothes patrols in the area in response.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should ring PC Owen via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner