Cars targeted in spate of criminal damage in Harpenden
EIGHT cars were vandalised in one night last week in Harpenden.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the criminal damage between 10pm on Friday (September 10) and 7.30am the following morning.
Cars parked in Cowper Road, Shakespeare Road, Milton Road and Gilpin Green were scratched and one convertible had some of the roof cut out of it.
Pc Ann-Marie Owen, from the Harpenden Neighbourhood Team, is investigating and said: “We believe these crimes are all linked and are appealing for anyone with information to come forward. In particular, if you saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area at the time or hanging around parked cars, I would urge you to contact us.”
She added: “Spates of damage like this are very unusual in Harpenden. This is petty, mindless vandalism that will not be tolerated in the town and anyone involved in such criminality will be dealt with robustly. We will also be increasing our high visibility and plain clothes patrols in the area in response.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should ring PC Owen via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack