St Albans nursery children and care home residents take part in joint Easter egg hunt
- Credit: Archant
Children from a St Albans nursery visited a care home and helped residents solve an Easter egg hunt.
Residents of Strathmore Lodge Care Home in Hall Place Gardens teamed up with children from Grasshoppers Day Nursery for the Easter egg hunt on Wednesday, April 17.
The group searched the care home’s garden for treats which had been hidden by the staff, working together to solve clues. They then solved an Easter puzzle, discussed what Easter means to them and named the animals associated with springtime.
Afterwards the children got to see the chicks which are currently being looked after by the care home residents.
Grasshoppers team leader Jodie Smart said: “We have been visiting the residents of Strathmore Lodge since the beginning of the year and it is something that is really enjoyed by everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“It is lovely to celebrate special occasions together and see the joy that it brings both generations.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall