Caravan set alight in London Colney street
A CARAVAN went up in flames in the back garden of a property on Friday night.
The fire, which broke out at around 10.15pm in Alexander Road, London Colney, also caused slight damage to the house, windows and guttering.
Both crews from St Albans fire station were called to the scene and needed to wear breathing apparatus to put out the blaze before leaving the scene just over an hour later.
The cause of the fire has been logged as doubtful and a fire investigation is underway.
Police are treating the fire as arson and a 41-year-old man from London Colney was arrested and released on police bail until October.
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 3300222.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school