Caravan set alight in London Colney street
A CARAVAN went up in flames in the back garden of a property on Friday night.
The fire, which broke out at around 10.15pm in Alexander Road, London Colney, also caused slight damage to the house, windows and guttering.
Both crews from St Albans fire station were called to the scene and needed to wear breathing apparatus to put out the blaze before leaving the scene just over an hour later.
The cause of the fire has been logged as doubtful and a fire investigation is underway.
Police are treating the fire as arson and a 41-year-old man from London Colney was arrested and released on police bail until October.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 3300222.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25