Car tipped onto side at Colney Heath longabout, on the A414
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Twitter/@SCEsson_Andy
There has been another collision at the Colney Heath longabout, with a driver taken to hospital after being cut free from his vehicle.
A spokesman for St Albans Fire Station said that crews were called to the single vehicle collision at 3.30am today (Tuesday), after a vehicle left the carriageway on the A414 and ended up in a wooded area next to the road.
He added: “We were called to a person trapped in a vehicle, who was released by firefighters, and he was taken to hospital.
“The vehicle was on its side and it was difficult to access, in a wooded area – there was no barrier there. The vehicle had gone about 20-30 metres off the road.”
Crews had to stabilise the vehicle, and then hydraulic rescue tools were used by the emergency service to cut the man free.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said that a rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew and ambulance officer were sent to the scene.
He said that after the driver was extricated from the vehicle, he was assessed at the scene and there was no sign of obvious injury.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
However, the man, believed to be in his 40s, was sent to Barnet General Hospital as a precautionary measure.
The spokesman said the ambulance service was at the scene “for quite some time” because the man was trapped.