Car tipped onto side at Colney Heath longabout, on the A414
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Twitter/@SCEsson_Andy
There has been another collision at the Colney Heath longabout, with a driver taken to hospital after being cut free from his vehicle.
A spokesman for St Albans Fire Station said that crews were called to the single vehicle collision at 3.30am today (Tuesday), after a vehicle left the carriageway on the A414 and ended up in a wooded area next to the road.
He added: “We were called to a person trapped in a vehicle, who was released by firefighters, and he was taken to hospital.
“The vehicle was on its side and it was difficult to access, in a wooded area – there was no barrier there. The vehicle had gone about 20-30 metres off the road.”
Crews had to stabilise the vehicle, and then hydraulic rescue tools were used by the emergency service to cut the man free.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said that a rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew and ambulance officer were sent to the scene.
He said that after the driver was extricated from the vehicle, he was assessed at the scene and there was no sign of obvious injury.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
However, the man, believed to be in his 40s, was sent to Barnet General Hospital as a precautionary measure.
The spokesman said the ambulance service was at the scene “for quite some time” because the man was trapped.