Car theft at Radlett cricket club
A CRICKET match had to be halted on Saturday afternoon after thieves targeted two of the players’ cars.
The vehicles were parked outside Radlett Cricket Club in Cobden Hill when they were broken into between 3.45pm and 4pm.
In both instances the culprits broke the windows of the cars to get access and stole valuables from inside. The first car targeted was a black BMW hatchback and a mobile phone and a wallet were taken, and the second was a Peugeot 308 saloon from which an iPhone 4 was stolen.
The suspects are both described as black men aged between 20 and 25. One of them is thought to be around 5ft 9inches tall and was wearing sunglasses and khaki-coloured shorts.
A police spokesperson advised members of the public to never leave any valuable items in cars, even if they are stored within the glove box.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses and information about the theft are sought and anyone who can help enquiries should contact Sgt Kate Chalmers on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly