Car theft at Radlett cricket club
A CRICKET match had to be halted on Saturday afternoon after thieves targeted two of the players’ cars.
The vehicles were parked outside Radlett Cricket Club in Cobden Hill when they were broken into between 3.45pm and 4pm.
In both instances the culprits broke the windows of the cars to get access and stole valuables from inside. The first car targeted was a black BMW hatchback and a mobile phone and a wallet were taken, and the second was a Peugeot 308 saloon from which an iPhone 4 was stolen.
The suspects are both described as black men aged between 20 and 25. One of them is thought to be around 5ft 9inches tall and was wearing sunglasses and khaki-coloured shorts.
A police spokesperson advised members of the public to never leave any valuable items in cars, even if they are stored within the glove box.
Witnesses and information about the theft are sought and anyone who can help enquiries should contact Sgt Kate Chalmers on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival