Car theft at Radlett cricket club
A CRICKET match had to be halted on Saturday afternoon after thieves targeted two of the players’ cars.
The vehicles were parked outside Radlett Cricket Club in Cobden Hill when they were broken into between 3.45pm and 4pm.
In both instances the culprits broke the windows of the cars to get access and stole valuables from inside. The first car targeted was a black BMW hatchback and a mobile phone and a wallet were taken, and the second was a Peugeot 308 saloon from which an iPhone 4 was stolen.
The suspects are both described as black men aged between 20 and 25. One of them is thought to be around 5ft 9inches tall and was wearing sunglasses and khaki-coloured shorts.
A police spokesperson advised members of the public to never leave any valuable items in cars, even if they are stored within the glove box.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses and information about the theft are sought and anyone who can help enquiries should contact Sgt Kate Chalmers on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant