‘Potentially lethal’ driving at M1 junction
- Credit: Archant
Police have branded a manoeuvre at an M1 junction as “potentially lethal” after the driver got confused by satnav instructions.
The Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit was out on patrol on the M1 yesterday when they came across the incident.
Officers tweeted: “A414 Hemel junction with Junction 8 M1.
“Driver stopped in lane 2 in front of marked X5 when they realised the satnav said to go onto the M1, then proceeded to cross onto the verge.
“Potentially a lethal decision.
You may also want to watch:
“Points and a fine to be issued.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests