Car passenger dies in Flamstead fatality
- Credit: Archant
A man has been killed in a road collision on the A5 at Flamstead on Friday.
The incident occurred just before 9pm at the junction with Old Watling Street and involved a Volkswagen Touran, which was travelling west on the A5, and a DAF recovery truck, which had been travelling east.
There were four people in the Touran, and one of the men seated in the back of the car, a 34 year old from Watford, died at the scene.
A 32 year old man who was also a rear passenger, and the front seat passenger, a 46-year-old Watford man, were both taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
The driver of the recovery truck, a 64 year old man from Markyate, was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
A 28 year old man from Watford was arrested and questioned on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and has been released on police bail until May 20 while investigations continue.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact PC Bob Hauxwell via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities