Car passenger dies in Flamstead fatality
- Credit: Archant
A man has been killed in a road collision on the A5 at Flamstead on Friday.
The incident occurred just before 9pm at the junction with Old Watling Street and involved a Volkswagen Touran, which was travelling west on the A5, and a DAF recovery truck, which had been travelling east.
There were four people in the Touran, and one of the men seated in the back of the car, a 34 year old from Watford, died at the scene.
A 32 year old man who was also a rear passenger, and the front seat passenger, a 46-year-old Watford man, were both taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
The driver of the recovery truck, a 64 year old man from Markyate, was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
A 28 year old man from Watford was arrested and questioned on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and has been released on police bail until May 20 while investigations continue.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact PC Bob Hauxwell via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor