Car is found buried underneath Harpenden home
- Credit: Archant
When builders set to work digging out the foundations of a house, an unexpected discovery was made hidden in the dirt.
Anil Jagota, 50, of Harpenden, had been told by neighbours when he bought the house 12 years ago that a former owner had allegedly buried his car underneath the driveway.
He said: “When we had the driveway done we thought we’d find it then but there was no sign of it so we assumed it was a myth.”
But he was in for a surprise when renovation works on his home revealed the rusted shell of a car was hidden under his home.
Anil added: “When we came back [from an outing] we saw it but you can’t even tell it is a car now. It’s just a shell. It’s got to be at least 20 years old because it’s rusted so bad.”
You may also want to watch:
The car was dug up by a digger just centimetres below the surface. It has since been disposed of.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area