Car is found buried underneath Harpenden home
- Credit: Archant
When builders set to work digging out the foundations of a house, an unexpected discovery was made hidden in the dirt.
Anil Jagota, 50, of Harpenden, had been told by neighbours when he bought the house 12 years ago that a former owner had allegedly buried his car underneath the driveway.
He said: “When we had the driveway done we thought we’d find it then but there was no sign of it so we assumed it was a myth.”
But he was in for a surprise when renovation works on his home revealed the rusted shell of a car was hidden under his home.
Anil added: “When we came back [from an outing] we saw it but you can’t even tell it is a car now. It’s just a shell. It’s got to be at least 20 years old because it’s rusted so bad.”
You may also want to watch:
The car was dug up by a digger just centimetres below the surface. It has since been disposed of.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson