Car crashes into garden near St Albans school after colliding with another vehicle
- Credit: Archant
A car has swerved into the front garden of a house this morning (Wednesday) following a collision in St Albans.
Emergency services were called out at about 7.50am after a silver Vauxhall Zafira and a grey Audi collided on Jennings Road, just off Sunderland Avenue.
As a result, the Vauxhall smashed into a side wall and the Audi crashed into a front garden on the corner of Sunderland Avenue, which is near Verulam School.
A boy, believed to be about 10 years old, was treated for a back injury at the scene and one other person was treated for shock.
They were both taken to Watford General Hospital in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Recovery trucks were later seen removing the cars from the road which was cleared by 10am.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development