Police chase car through Radlett after ‘unknown liquid’ sprayed in robbery victim’s face
- Credit: Archant
There was a police chase through Radlett last week after a violent carjacking in Watford.
Between 3am and 4am on Sunday, March 11 a victim parked his Ford Focus on Hallam Close in Watford when he was approached by two people who knocked on his window.
When he lowered it, he was sprayed in the face with an unknown liquid then pulled out of the car and assaulted with a baton before the criminals escaped in his car.
The victim was taken by ambulance to hospital, where he was treated for bruising and a sore face.
Traffic cops attempted to stop a car on Cobden Hill in Radlett at around 11.35 on the following Wednesday. The driver failed to stop and a chase ensued.
It ended when police used a stinger and the car stopped on the A41 Edgware Way just after midnight.
A man was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and Adam Jaylani, aged 18, of Orangehill Road, London, has been charged with driving without a licence and without insurance. He is due to appear at Central West Herts Magistrates Court on April 3.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 7 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 8 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
Anyone with any information has been asked to contact Herts police by calling 101 and giving crime reference number C4/18/730.