Police chase car through Radlett after ‘unknown liquid’ sprayed in robbery victim’s face
- Credit: Archant
There was a police chase through Radlett last week after a violent carjacking in Watford.
Between 3am and 4am on Sunday, March 11 a victim parked his Ford Focus on Hallam Close in Watford when he was approached by two people who knocked on his window.
When he lowered it, he was sprayed in the face with an unknown liquid then pulled out of the car and assaulted with a baton before the criminals escaped in his car.
The victim was taken by ambulance to hospital, where he was treated for bruising and a sore face.
Traffic cops attempted to stop a car on Cobden Hill in Radlett at around 11.35 on the following Wednesday. The driver failed to stop and a chase ensued.
You may also want to watch:
It ended when police used a stinger and the car stopped on the A41 Edgware Way just after midnight.
A man was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and Adam Jaylani, aged 18, of Orangehill Road, London, has been charged with driving without a licence and without insurance. He is due to appear at Central West Herts Magistrates Court on April 3.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Anyone with any information has been asked to contact Herts police by calling 101 and giving crime reference number C4/18/730.