Car catches fire at The Maltings in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The Maltings car park has now reopened following a temporary closure when a vehicle caught fire at the site this afternoon.
Both of the fire crews from St Albans Blue Watch were called to the scene at 12.50pm, and police were called at around the same time.
Fire officers had to don breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze, which was on level one of the parking structure.
Meanwhile, police closed New Kent Road, as well as the car park itself, until the fire was extinguished. They left the scene just after 1.30pm.
Firefighters praised The Maltings security staff for their quick response and good guidance to the location of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the fire was started by an electrical fault, though this has not been officially confirmed.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner