Car catches fire at The Maltings in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The Maltings car park has now reopened following a temporary closure when a vehicle caught fire at the site this afternoon.
Both of the fire crews from St Albans Blue Watch were called to the scene at 12.50pm, and police were called at around the same time.
Fire officers had to don breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze, which was on level one of the parking structure.
Meanwhile, police closed New Kent Road, as well as the car park itself, until the fire was extinguished. They left the scene just after 1.30pm.
Firefighters praised The Maltings security staff for their quick response and good guidance to the location of the fire.
It is believed the fire was started by an electrical fault, though this has not been officially confirmed.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group