Car catches fire at The Maltings in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The Maltings car park has now reopened following a temporary closure when a vehicle caught fire at the site this afternoon.
Both of the fire crews from St Albans Blue Watch were called to the scene at 12.50pm, and police were called at around the same time.
Fire officers had to don breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze, which was on level one of the parking structure.
Meanwhile, police closed New Kent Road, as well as the car park itself, until the fire was extinguished. They left the scene just after 1.30pm.
Firefighters praised The Maltings security staff for their quick response and good guidance to the location of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the fire was started by an electrical fault, though this has not been officially confirmed.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden