Woman suffered serious injuries after cyclist and car collide in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A women suffered serious injuries after a car and a cyclist collided on a St Albans road this weekend.
On Sunday, at about 3.30pm, emergency services rushed to the North Orbital Road A405 to help a woman involved in the crash, which was between a black VW Golf and a bike.
She is believed to be in her 50s and was flown to The Royal London Hospital major trauma unit with head and facial injuries.
Herts police closed the road at the Park Street roundabout and the junction with Ruscombe Drive, while both the East of England Ambulance Service and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) treated the patient.
The roads were reopened around 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident on Saturday morning, the EHAAT had also flown to a man suffering a medical emergency.
He had been transferred to the emergency department for treatment.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre