Woman suffered serious injuries after cyclist and car collide in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A women suffered serious injuries after a car and a cyclist collided on a St Albans road this weekend.
On Sunday, at about 3.30pm, emergency services rushed to the North Orbital Road A405 to help a woman involved in the crash, which was between a black VW Golf and a bike.
She is believed to be in her 50s and was flown to The Royal London Hospital major trauma unit with head and facial injuries.
Herts police closed the road at the Park Street roundabout and the junction with Ruscombe Drive, while both the East of England Ambulance Service and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) treated the patient.
The roads were reopened around 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident on Saturday morning, the EHAAT had also flown to a man suffering a medical emergency.
He had been transferred to the emergency department for treatment.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly