Cannabis factory in village
A CANNABIS factory has been discovered in a village house after a resident complained of strange smells. Police estimate that the factory in Hilltop, Redbourn, has been running for over three months. It was only discovered after a neighbour rang the fire
A CANNABIS factory has been discovered in a village house after a resident complained of strange smells.
Police estimate that the factory in Hilltop, Redbourn, has been running for over three months.
It was only discovered after a neighbour rang the fire brigade to say there was a strange chemical smell coming from the first floor.
After investigating, firemen called police who found a cannabis factory containing a large number of plants at varying stages of growth in the house.
It is understood that police chased a woman before stopping her in Cumberland Drive.
A 41-year-old woman from London was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and was bailed to Monday of this week. But she failed to answer her bail.
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Try-happy Cents brings grand final success and leaves coach thrilled
Police think the factory, set-up in a rented house, had been in operation since the middle of last October
A police spokesperson said the property had been searched and items had been seized before it was handed back to the owners around two days later.