Cannabis factory discovered in Redbourn
A CANNABIS factory was discovered in a village house after a resident complained of strange smells – and police estimate it has been running for over three months. The factory was found in Hilltop, Redbourn, on January 13 after a neighbour rang the fire b
A CANNABIS factory was discovered in a village house after a resident complained of strange smells - and police estimate it has been running for over three months.
The factory was found in Hilltop, Redbourn, on January 13 after a neighbour rang the fire brigade at around 12.15pm to say there was a strange chemical smell coming from the first floor.
But after investigating, the firemen called the police who found a cannabis factory containing a large number of plants at varying stages of growth in the house.
It is understood that police chased a woman before stopping her in Cumberland Drive.
You may also want to watch:
A 41-year-old woman from London was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and has been bailed until Monday (February 4).
Police think the factory, set-up in a rented house, had been in operation since the middle of last October.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
A police spokesperson said the property had been searched and items had been seized before it was handed back to the owners after around two days.