Can you provide patients with vital advice on benefits?
AN EXPERT on benefits advice is being sought to join the team of volunteers at Grove House. A diagnosis of a life-threatening illness often has not just a devastating effect on patients and their families but also on their financial situation. At Grove Ho
AN EXPERT on benefits advice is being sought to join the team of volunteers at Grove House.
A diagnosis of a life-threatening illness often has not just a devastating effect on patients and their families but also on their financial situation.
At Grove House help and guidance is offered to patients regarding the benefits they might be entitled to which is why the day hospice is looking for someone experienced in benefits advice to join the team.
The role involves speaking to one or two patients each week, either at home or at Grove House, and can be flexible to fit around the volunteer's commitments.
You may also want to watch:
It provides valuable support for people at a very vulnerable time and Grove House is keen to talk to anyone who can offer a couple of hours a week to help.
The day hospice at Grove House also offers an exercise class for its patients run by volunteers who are qualified by EXTEND.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
It is now looking for someone else to join the team, offer cover or maybe take a weekly session themselves.
To find out about both volunteer roles contact Wendy Burns on 01727 731020 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk