Can you provide patients with vital advice on benefits?
AN EXPERT on benefits advice is being sought to join the team of volunteers at Grove House. A diagnosis of a life-threatening illness often has not just a devastating effect on patients and their families but also on their financial situation. At Grove Ho
AN EXPERT on benefits advice is being sought to join the team of volunteers at Grove House.
A diagnosis of a life-threatening illness often has not just a devastating effect on patients and their families but also on their financial situation.
At Grove House help and guidance is offered to patients regarding the benefits they might be entitled to which is why the day hospice is looking for someone experienced in benefits advice to join the team.
The role involves speaking to one or two patients each week, either at home or at Grove House, and can be flexible to fit around the volunteer's commitments.
You may also want to watch:
It provides valuable support for people at a very vulnerable time and Grove House is keen to talk to anyone who can offer a couple of hours a week to help.
The day hospice at Grove House also offers an exercise class for its patients run by volunteers who are qualified by EXTEND.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
It is now looking for someone else to join the team, offer cover or maybe take a weekly session themselves.
To find out about both volunteer roles contact Wendy Burns on 01727 731020 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk