Can you provide patients with vital advice on benefits?
AN EXPERT on benefits advice is being sought to join the team of volunteers at Grove House. A diagnosis of a life-threatening illness often has not just a devastating effect on patients and their families but also on their financial situation. At Grove Ho
AN EXPERT on benefits advice is being sought to join the team of volunteers at Grove House.
A diagnosis of a life-threatening illness often has not just a devastating effect on patients and their families but also on their financial situation.
At Grove House help and guidance is offered to patients regarding the benefits they might be entitled to which is why the day hospice is looking for someone experienced in benefits advice to join the team.
The role involves speaking to one or two patients each week, either at home or at Grove House, and can be flexible to fit around the volunteer's commitments.
It provides valuable support for people at a very vulnerable time and Grove House is keen to talk to anyone who can offer a couple of hours a week to help.
The day hospice at Grove House also offers an exercise class for its patients run by volunteers who are qualified by EXTEND.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
It is now looking for someone else to join the team, offer cover or maybe take a weekly session themselves.
To find out about both volunteer roles contact Wendy Burns on 01727 731020 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk