Did you witness Wheathampstead crash?
- Credit: Google Streetview
A woman in her eighties was injured in a car accident yesterday and police are asking for anyone with information to come forward.
The Wheathampstead crash happened at around 11.15am, in a layby on the B653 Lower Luton Road, at the junction with the Ash Grove footpath.
The victim was seriously injured after being struck by a grey Suzuki Grand Vitara and was taken to hospital by air ambulance where she remains.
The driver stayed at the scene and assisted police with their enquiries.
Sgt James Wood of Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit said: “We are investigating the circumstances of the incident and would like to hear from anyone who may have seen this incident or may have dash cam footage of it.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information can email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also report information online or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 274 of June 30.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
Alternatively, you can stay 100 per cent anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.