Classical Christmas concert to be held in Frogmore
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas concert featuring a selection of classical musical will be held in Frogmore today.
The Camerata Chamber Orchestra will perform its festive concert at Holy Trinity Frogmore from 7.30pm tonight.
The concert will feature bass and soprano solos from Handel’s ‘Messiah’, Vivaldi’s bassoon concerto, Corelli’s ‘Christmas Concerto’, a Bach chamber piece for flute, violin, cello and harpsichord, and a dance suite by Parry, composer of ‘Jerusalem’.
Bassoon, bass and soprano solos will be performed by Carol Goldby, Charles Burch and Adrienne Walters respectively, with Philippa Burch directing.
Camerata Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1980, and is made up of local music teachers and amateur musicians.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free, and donations will be collected in aid of the Tear Fund Indonesia Appeal. There will also be a reception from 6pm with mulled wine and nibbles.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years