Call to midnight walkers
ANY Midnight Walkers who are yet to send through their hard-earned sponsorship money are being urged to do so by the end of the month. Hundreds of women and men dressed as women took part in the annual event for Grove House in Verulamium Park during June
ANY Midnight Walkers who are yet to send through their hard-earned sponsorship money are being urged to do so by the end of the month.
Hundreds of women and men dressed as women took part in the annual event for Grove House in Verulamium Park during June and it has raised more than �80,000.
But the hospice is confident that there is still more sponsorship money to arrive.
Paul Parrish, fundraising director at Grove House, said: "It is not too late to send in money which will go directly to helping people in our community suffering from cancer and other life threatening illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
"Reading letters from patients who have been helped by the hospice makes you realise how important it is that we continue to raise as much money as we can."
He said this year's event had raised a "fantastic" amount but pointed out that slightly more was raised in 2008. He said: "We believe that the economic climate and poor weather on the night has had an impact on the amount of money people have raised."
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
Midnight Walkers can send in their sponsorship or donations to Grove House by post, by calling the hospice direct on 01727 731002 or by visiting www.midnightwalk.org and pressing the donate button.
The 2010 Midnight Walk will take place on 26 June.