Call to midnight walkers
ANY Midnight Walkers who are yet to send through their hard-earned sponsorship money are being urged to do so by the end of the month. Hundreds of women and men dressed as women took part in the annual event for Grove House in Verulamium Park during June
ANY Midnight Walkers who are yet to send through their hard-earned sponsorship money are being urged to do so by the end of the month.
Hundreds of women and men dressed as women took part in the annual event for Grove House in Verulamium Park during June and it has raised more than �80,000.
But the hospice is confident that there is still more sponsorship money to arrive.
Paul Parrish, fundraising director at Grove House, said: "It is not too late to send in money which will go directly to helping people in our community suffering from cancer and other life threatening illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
"Reading letters from patients who have been helped by the hospice makes you realise how important it is that we continue to raise as much money as we can."
He said this year's event had raised a "fantastic" amount but pointed out that slightly more was raised in 2008. He said: "We believe that the economic climate and poor weather on the night has had an impact on the amount of money people have raised."
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
Midnight Walkers can send in their sponsorship or donations to Grove House by post, by calling the hospice direct on 01727 731002 or by visiting www.midnightwalk.org and pressing the donate button.
The 2010 Midnight Walk will take place on 26 June.