Call to midnight walkers
ANY Midnight Walkers who are yet to send through their hard-earned sponsorship money are being urged to do so by the end of the month. Hundreds of women and men dressed as women took part in the annual event for Grove House in Verulamium Park during June
ANY Midnight Walkers who are yet to send through their hard-earned sponsorship money are being urged to do so by the end of the month.
Hundreds of women and men dressed as women took part in the annual event for Grove House in Verulamium Park during June and it has raised more than �80,000.
But the hospice is confident that there is still more sponsorship money to arrive.
Paul Parrish, fundraising director at Grove House, said: "It is not too late to send in money which will go directly to helping people in our community suffering from cancer and other life threatening illnesses.
"Reading letters from patients who have been helped by the hospice makes you realise how important it is that we continue to raise as much money as we can."
He said this year's event had raised a "fantastic" amount but pointed out that slightly more was raised in 2008. He said: "We believe that the economic climate and poor weather on the night has had an impact on the amount of money people have raised."
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 9 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
Midnight Walkers can send in their sponsorship or donations to Grove House by post, by calling the hospice direct on 01727 731002 or by visiting www.midnightwalk.org and pressing the donate button.
The 2010 Midnight Walk will take place on 26 June.