Call for retired St Albans residents to join community project
ENTHUSIASTIC retired people who like a challenge are invited to come along to an initial meeting about an innovative new project in St Albans.
Theatre, dynamic art activities, photography, filming, writing and social media will all be thrown into the mix to create a community piece specifically for the older age group.
It will be led by Hilary Dawson and Sarah Mackay of Buskin and funded by St Albans council’s Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) with the aim of raising awareness in the 55-plus age group of the risks and impact of falling in later life.
But fun and sociability will be at the heart of the venture and Buskin encourages people to push themselves in new directions.
Last year a group of older people staged a performance at the Maltings Arts Theatre and last month Buskin worked with a reminiscence group to produce a community piece of art - an apron which is currently on display at the Museum of St Albans.
The meeting is being held from 10am to midday next Tuesday, May 24, at the Jubilee Centre in Catherine Street where coffee, tea and biscuits will be provided. For more information contact Hilary on 07890 348901, Sarah on 07980 261552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford