Call for retired St Albans residents to join community project
ENTHUSIASTIC retired people who like a challenge are invited to come along to an initial meeting about an innovative new project in St Albans.
Theatre, dynamic art activities, photography, filming, writing and social media will all be thrown into the mix to create a community piece specifically for the older age group.
It will be led by Hilary Dawson and Sarah Mackay of Buskin and funded by St Albans council’s Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) with the aim of raising awareness in the 55-plus age group of the risks and impact of falling in later life.
But fun and sociability will be at the heart of the venture and Buskin encourages people to push themselves in new directions.
Last year a group of older people staged a performance at the Maltings Arts Theatre and last month Buskin worked with a reminiscence group to produce a community piece of art - an apron which is currently on display at the Museum of St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting is being held from 10am to midday next Tuesday, May 24, at the Jubilee Centre in Catherine Street where coffee, tea and biscuits will be provided. For more information contact Hilary on 07890 348901, Sarah on 07980 261552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall