Businesses backing St Albans charity cycle ride
- Credit: Archant
Local businesses have given their backing to this year’s St Albans charity cycle ride (SACCR).
In addition to sponsorship and assistance, several firms, such as law firm Debenhams Ottoway, are also entering teams.
Team member Nigel Drake said: “Five of us join the SACCR every year and other colleagues often join us.
“Everybody enjoys the day out and it’s enjoyable raising money for charities at the same time.
“Some of us cycle the full 40 miles and a few of the hills are a bit of a challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a good day out for all the family.
“One year we won the cup as the team that collected the most money for the charities.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
“Our firm also helps the organisers to run one of the water stations along the route.”
Several other businesses are involved in the event, including Metro Bank and Harpenden Cycling, who are providing assistance along the route.
The annual event, on Sunday May 14, is still open for registration by individuals or teams.
Riders can pick from a variety of routes, from a leisurely 10 miles, up to a tough ride of 40 miles.
Organised by the three Rotary Clubs of St Albans, the ride has been a fixture in the local calendar for 21 years, raising over £500,000 for charity in that time.
This year’s supported charities are Herts Action on Disability, Youth Talk, and Home Start.
More details on the event, and how to enter, can be found at www.saccr.co.uk