Business secretary Sajid Javid MP set to be special guest at St Albans Business Festival
- Credit: Archant
An early analysis of how the results of the EU Referendum will impact on businesses is set to be revealed at the 2016 St Albans Business Festival.
Sajid Javid MP, the secretary of state for business, innovation and skills, is the special guest at a networking lunch taking place at Sopwell House on July 8.
He will be able to provide insightful knowledge on the outcome of the referendum - whether the electorate voted to Leave or Remain - as well as entertaining guests with accounts of his own personal experience in government.
Now in its second year, the St Albans Business Festival is organised by the district’s Chamber of Commerce, and promises a host of events between July 4-8.
Also taking place is a business fashion show on July 6, offering tips on looking stylish from the boardroom to the bar, with suave and stylish options for the office and great solutions for dress down Fridays.
You may also want to watch:
Other highlights include a business quiz at St Albans School on July 7, a speed networking evening at Westminster Lodge on July 5, and a business breakfast meeting featuring guest speakers from the national police cyber crime unit on July 6.
Finally, there’s a chance to make new business contacts while also treating yourself to some well-earned wellbeing at a special event taking place on July 6 which includes a stress buster session of hot yoga and a healthy lunch, the perfect way for the busy businessperson to chill out and unwind.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
Chamber executive director Lisa Bates-Wallis said: ““We are very excited about the 2016 Business Festival - showcasing what we do throughout the year but condensed into one week is tough!
“We have lots of workshops this year and in addition have teamed up with St Albans Fashion Week for an evening at Poggenphol. We are covering the serious issue of cyber crime and the finale event sees the secretary of state for business Sajid Javid MP coming to St Albans to speak at a lunch at Sopwell House Hotel, and it will be interesting to hear his thoughts about business going forward post-Referendum day.”
For more information and to book tickets for events, click here.