Business as usual for Harpenden pub struck by fire overnight
- Credit: Archant
A popular Harpenden pub is open for business as usual despite a small fire in a storeroom overnight.
A crew from Harpenden were called to The Engineer pub in St Johns Road, Harpenden, at around 4.37am this morning after reports of a small accidental fire. A spokesman for St Albans fire station confirmed that officers from Harpenden were on the scene until 6.20am and were joined by crews from St Albans and Redbourn at around 5.30am.
Officers used a hose reel, breathing apparatus and a covering jet to tackle the blaze which was put out in 20 minutes.
Staff were evacuated from the pub and no-one was injured.
The pub reopened today at 4pm and landlord Pete Mann said it was “open for business as usual.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Everyone got out safely and we would like to thank the fire service for their quick response.
“It was an isolated fire to the rear of the building and limited damage was done.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold