Bus provider steps in to take over Redbourn school route
- Credit: Archant
A new bus provider has stepped in to take over a school route after Uno cancelled its service.
The 647 bus which runs from Flamstead through Redbourn to Roundwood Park School in Harpenden will now be operated by Centrebus after Uno pulled out of running the service for the next academic year.
The county council had been liaising with bus companies to find a solution to the problem and sign up another provider in time for the September start of the new school year.
County and district Cllr Maxine Crawley said: “We are delighted and relieved that Centrebus has come forward and look forward to a positive relationship with the company and a fair deal for Redbourn parents and children.”
Centrebus will be taking over the s Uno bus service from September 5 and it will be renumbered 847, operating on a commercial basis from Flamstead through Redbourn to Roundwood Park School.
You may also want to watch:
Commercial manager, Bijel Mistr, said: “We already operate two services to the school - the 846 which operates from Markyate and 866 from Wheathampstead - so the 847 neatly fits into our network, allowing us to offer a more comprehensive service to the students of Roundwood Park School.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 8 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans