Bus provider steps in to take over Redbourn school route
- Credit: Archant
A new bus provider has stepped in to take over a school route after Uno cancelled its service.
The 647 bus which runs from Flamstead through Redbourn to Roundwood Park School in Harpenden will now be operated by Centrebus after Uno pulled out of running the service for the next academic year.
The county council had been liaising with bus companies to find a solution to the problem and sign up another provider in time for the September start of the new school year.
County and district Cllr Maxine Crawley said: “We are delighted and relieved that Centrebus has come forward and look forward to a positive relationship with the company and a fair deal for Redbourn parents and children.”
Centrebus will be taking over the s Uno bus service from September 5 and it will be renumbered 847, operating on a commercial basis from Flamstead through Redbourn to Roundwood Park School.
You may also want to watch:
Commercial manager, Bijel Mistr, said: “We already operate two services to the school - the 846 which operates from Markyate and 866 from Wheathampstead - so the 847 neatly fits into our network, allowing us to offer a more comprehensive service to the students of Roundwood Park School.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall