Bus passenger assaulted in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
A man was left with a facial injury after being assaulted in an unprovoked attack while on a bus.
Herts Police are appealing for information following yesterday’s (9) attack on a 636 Uno bus parked in High Street, Wheathampstead.
The man, in his 40s, fell to the floor and received a cut to his forehead after being punched on the head, while on the bus between 4-4.30pm.
The victim got off the bus in High Street.
PC Marc Capicotto, investigating, said: “This appears to have been an unprovoked attack which left the victim understandably shaken but thankfully not seriously injured.”
The offender is described as a black man, aged between 30 and 35 years old, around 5ft 11ins tall and of medium build. He was clean shaven with cropped black hair.
PC Capicotto added: “There were other passengers on board the bus at the time of the incident and I would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
“If anyone believes they saw the victim or offender before or after the incident, or if anyone knows the offender’s identity please contact me straight away.”
PC Capicotto can be contacted via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.