Bus passenger assaulted in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
A man was left with a facial injury after being assaulted in an unprovoked attack while on a bus.
Herts Police are appealing for information following yesterday’s (9) attack on a 636 Uno bus parked in High Street, Wheathampstead.
The man, in his 40s, fell to the floor and received a cut to his forehead after being punched on the head, while on the bus between 4-4.30pm.
The victim got off the bus in High Street.
PC Marc Capicotto, investigating, said: “This appears to have been an unprovoked attack which left the victim understandably shaken but thankfully not seriously injured.”
You may also want to watch:
The offender is described as a black man, aged between 30 and 35 years old, around 5ft 11ins tall and of medium build. He was clean shaven with cropped black hair.
PC Capicotto added: “There were other passengers on board the bus at the time of the incident and I would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
“If anyone believes they saw the victim or offender before or after the incident, or if anyone knows the offender’s identity please contact me straight away.”
PC Capicotto can be contacted via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.