Bus passenger assaulted in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
A man was left with a facial injury after being assaulted in an unprovoked attack while on a bus.
Herts Police are appealing for information following yesterday’s (9) attack on a 636 Uno bus parked in High Street, Wheathampstead.
The man, in his 40s, fell to the floor and received a cut to his forehead after being punched on the head, while on the bus between 4-4.30pm.
The victim got off the bus in High Street.
PC Marc Capicotto, investigating, said: “This appears to have been an unprovoked attack which left the victim understandably shaken but thankfully not seriously injured.”
You may also want to watch:
The offender is described as a black man, aged between 30 and 35 years old, around 5ft 11ins tall and of medium build. He was clean shaven with cropped black hair.
PC Capicotto added: “There were other passengers on board the bus at the time of the incident and I would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
“If anyone believes they saw the victim or offender before or after the incident, or if anyone knows the offender’s identity please contact me straight away.”
PC Capicotto can be contacted via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.