Bus link to Chiswell Green’s Butterfly World
BUS company Arriva has put the wheels under easier access to the city’s newest tourist attraction.
From this week, the Green Line bus route 712 will take passengers right to the front door of Butterfly World in Chiswell Green.
The 712 runs from London Victoria to St Albans City station and will divert to Butterfly World taking passengers right along the new access road, Miriam Lane, and dropping them outside the entrance.
The route will run Monday to Saturday with four stops each weekday and three on Saturdays. Local people will be able to get to Butterfly World from the railway station in 15 minutes and it should take just 25 minutes from the Brent Cross shopping centre on the North Circular Road.
A special offer has been agreed between Arriva and Butterfly World which means that anyone buying a bus ticket to the attraction can travel and gain entry for �10 for two people. A similar deal is available for train travellers buying a Plusbus ticket.
You may also want to watch:
As well as extending route 712, Arriva is also supporting nursery and school visits to Butterfly World which has been dubbed London’s Eden Project because a large biome is to be built to house thousands of butterflies.
It currently offers 600 tropical butterflies in a designated butterfly house, 12 individual gardens and 20 acres of wildflower meadows .
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Backed by Professor David Bellamy, Sir David Attenborough and the actress Emilia Fox, Butterfly World is open until September 26 this year. Further details can be found at www.butterflyworldproject.com