Bus driver killed in Smallford crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s was killed after his bus crashed into a road sign in Smallford on New Year’s Day.
Police are appealing for witnesses and dashcam footage following the crash, which took place in Hatfield Road just after 7pm yesterday. There were no passengers on the bus at the time.
The ambulance service also attended, and the bus driver sadly died at the scene.
PC Neil Cosier, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: "Our thoughts are with the man's friends and family at this sad time.
"We are investigating the circumstances and causes of this collision, as part of that we are asking for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
"We're asking for motorists who were in the area at the time of the incident and have dashcam footage to please review it and make contact with us if you have relevant footage which could assist our investigation."
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in our Force Communications Room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call our non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 709 of 1 January.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.