Bus driver killed in Smallford crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s was killed after his bus crashed into a road sign in Smallford on New Year’s Day.
Police are appealing for witnesses and dashcam footage following the crash, which took place in Hatfield Road just after 7pm yesterday. There were no passengers on the bus at the time.
The ambulance service also attended, and the bus driver sadly died at the scene.
PC Neil Cosier, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: "Our thoughts are with the man's friends and family at this sad time.
"We are investigating the circumstances and causes of this collision, as part of that we are asking for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
"We're asking for motorists who were in the area at the time of the incident and have dashcam footage to please review it and make contact with us if you have relevant footage which could assist our investigation."
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in our Force Communications Room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call our non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 709 of 1 January.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.