Burst water main closes busy St Albans ring road
A BUSY road around St Albans has been closed because of a burst water main. Batchwood Drive which is part of the city s ring-road system, has been closed by Herts Highways from the Harpenden Road junction to Everlasting Lane. There were concerns that beca
A BUSY road around St Albans has been closed because of a burst water main.
Batchwood Drive which is part of the city's ring-road system, has been closed by Herts Highways from the Harpenden Road junction to Everlasting Lane.
There were concerns that because of the very low temperatures expected tonight (Tuesday) there was a high risk that the water would freeze and create a major hazard so the road was closed in the interest of public safety.
The road will remain closed overnight while contractors work to repair the water main. It is possible that the road will have to remain closed during the Wednesday morning's rush hour. Access will be maintained for residents and they are being asked to drive with extreme caution.
You may also want to watch:
A diversion is in place via Waverly Road, Normandy Road, Catherine Street, St Peters Street, Harpenden Road and vice versa.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan