Burglary spree around Harpenden and Wheathampstead over Easter weekend
- Credit: Archant
Criminals indulged in a burglary spree around Harpenden and Wheathampstead this Easter weekend.
Cash, jewellery, and electrical items were stolen from an address on Bury Green in Wheathampstead between 9am on Saturday, March 31 and 5pm on Sunday, April 1. The crime reference for this is F2/18/685.
Between Friday, March 30 and Tuesday, April 3, burglars damaged a lock to another house on Bury Green to steal jewellery and electrics. This crime is under F2/18/699.
Thugs got inside a third Bury Green house between Saturday, March 24 and Wednesday, April 4, but nothing was taken. This crime reference is F2/18/709.
Gold coins were taken from an address on Harpenden’s Alzey Gardens between 1pm and 9.30pm on Monday, April 2. The criminals got inside by pulling open an unlocked window. It is logged under F2/18/692.
You may also want to watch:
On the same road and same day, between 10pm and 6.30am, burglars got into a car which was parked on a driveway. They found a house key inside the vehicle and with this, were able to steal both a laptop and the car. This crime is under F2/16/696.
A similar crime was committed, again on Alzey Gardens, between 12.30am and 10am on Tuesday, April 3. Thieves got into a car, stole house keys from inside, and went into the property - however, nothing was taken. Police are using F2/18/698 for this crime.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
Between 11.30pm on Monday, April 2 and 6am on Tuesday, April 3, a jar of coins was taken from a house on the Wheathampstead Road end of Piggottshill Lane.
Criminals got inside by forcing the rear door lock. The reference for this is F2/18/697.
Burglars also targeted a house on Orchard Avenue in Harpenden between Wednesday, March 28 and Wednesday, April 4. They forced open a rear door but took nothing from inside. Police have logged this as F2/18/708.
St Albans Local Crime Unit Det Insp Alex Warwick said: “Unfortunately these areas have been hit hard over the bank holiday weekend as criminals often see the holiday periods as times when properties may be more vulnerable.
“We are focussing resources in these areas with both visible and covert patrols.”
Any information can be reported on 101 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.