Burglary in Harpenden
BURGLARS who broke into a Harpenden home tried to conceal their crime by closing the curtains while they searched the property.
They made off with a laptop, jewellery and a small amount of cash after forcing open a window at the back of the property in the Milton Road area.
A gun-metal pocket watch with “Gladstone” engraved on the back and a miniature painted portrait of the victim’s grandfather was also taken from the house between 10.30 on Thursday February 23 and 4.15pm on February 26.
Police say there have been a small number of similar crimes where burglars have closed the curtains while they raid the property and are asking residents to be vigilant.
Detective Constable Karen Webb said: “If you see curtains closed in your neighbour’s house and this is unusual, let us know on 101. If you believe a crime is in progress please call 999.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have information call the non-emergency number 101 or Crimetoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans