Burglary at St Albans timber yard
BURGLARS made away with a hoard of distinctive items when they broke into a timber yard in St Albans and police are now appealing for any information or witnesses.
Offenders entered the St Albans Timber Company yard on the Gorhambury Estate through a gated field by removing the padlock between 4pm on Monday (April 25) and 7.30am on Tuesday (April 26). They made off down Hemel Hempstead Road.
The items they took include: a water pump, an orange Hitachi excavator, a white LDV topper van, a Westwood mower, two digger buckets and three sets of tractor keys.
PC Claire Wright, who is investigating, said: “I would encourage anyone who saw any suspicious activity around the yard between the times the offence took place or who has any information on it to get in touch. It is quite an open area so unusual activity may have caught someone’s eye.
“Alternatively, if anyone tries to sell you items matching these distinctive descriptions, I would encourage you to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Wright via the non-emergency telephone number 0845 33 00 222 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid