Burglary at St Albans timber yard
BURGLARS made away with a hoard of distinctive items when they broke into a timber yard in St Albans and police are now appealing for any information or witnesses.
Offenders entered the St Albans Timber Company yard on the Gorhambury Estate through a gated field by removing the padlock between 4pm on Monday (April 25) and 7.30am on Tuesday (April 26). They made off down Hemel Hempstead Road.
The items they took include: a water pump, an orange Hitachi excavator, a white LDV topper van, a Westwood mower, two digger buckets and three sets of tractor keys.
PC Claire Wright, who is investigating, said: “I would encourage anyone who saw any suspicious activity around the yard between the times the offence took place or who has any information on it to get in touch. It is quite an open area so unusual activity may have caught someone’s eye.
“Alternatively, if anyone tries to sell you items matching these distinctive descriptions, I would encourage you to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Wright via the non-emergency telephone number 0845 33 00 222 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping