Burglary at St Albans City Football Club
- Credit: Archant
Thieves escaped with the till after breaking into St Albans football club.
The club believes the crime took place between Saturday night and this afternoon.
The thieves gained access to the club’s building through means unknown, before making off with the till, which is not thought to contain much cash.
A club spokesperson said: “This is the second time in two years that the bar has been broken into. It’s expensive, there have been a string of events that are costing the club money. Someone tried to start a fire here a few weeks ago. Clarence Park is not secure so it’s costing us money.
“All we are trying to do is build up the football club and people keep undermining all of our good work.”
You may also want to watch:
Police say they were called at 3.44pm today following reports of a break-in.
The club has asked people to look out for the stolen item.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans