Burglary at St Albans City Football Club
- Credit: Archant
Thieves escaped with the till after breaking into St Albans football club.
The club believes the crime took place between Saturday night and this afternoon.
The thieves gained access to the club’s building through means unknown, before making off with the till, which is not thought to contain much cash.
A club spokesperson said: “This is the second time in two years that the bar has been broken into. It’s expensive, there have been a string of events that are costing the club money. Someone tried to start a fire here a few weeks ago. Clarence Park is not secure so it’s costing us money.
“All we are trying to do is build up the football club and people keep undermining all of our good work.”
You may also want to watch:
Police say they were called at 3.44pm today following reports of a break-in.
The club has asked people to look out for the stolen item.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden