Burglary at St Albans City Football Club
- Credit: Archant
Thieves escaped with the till after breaking into St Albans football club.
The club believes the crime took place between Saturday night and this afternoon.
The thieves gained access to the club’s building through means unknown, before making off with the till, which is not thought to contain much cash.
A club spokesperson said: “This is the second time in two years that the bar has been broken into. It’s expensive, there have been a string of events that are costing the club money. Someone tried to start a fire here a few weeks ago. Clarence Park is not secure so it’s costing us money.
“All we are trying to do is build up the football club and people keep undermining all of our good work.”
Police say they were called at 3.44pm today following reports of a break-in.
The club has asked people to look out for the stolen item.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice