Burglary at St Albans barn
A NUMBER of items were stolen from a barn in St Albans over the weekend.
The burglary happened between 4pm on Saturday and 9.30am on Sunday, when one or more offenders are said to have accessed a barn, belonging to a property, on Bedmond Lane, and taken a number of items.
Items taken include a child’s quad bike, in camouflage colours and a 14ft Iver Williams trailer, with galvanised steel ramps on the back, attached with rusty chains.
PC Claire Wright, investigating, has appealed for anyone with information about the burglary to get in touch.
She said: “It may be that someone had tried to sell you these items or that you saw people acting suspiciously in a vehicle on Saturday night through to Sunday morning.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I would also like to remind people to always lock sheds, barns and garages, if this is the only available storage place for your valuables.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Wright via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly