Burglary at St Albans barn
A NUMBER of items were stolen from a barn in St Albans over the weekend.
The burglary happened between 4pm on Saturday and 9.30am on Sunday, when one or more offenders are said to have accessed a barn, belonging to a property, on Bedmond Lane, and taken a number of items.
Items taken include a child’s quad bike, in camouflage colours and a 14ft Iver Williams trailer, with galvanised steel ramps on the back, attached with rusty chains.
PC Claire Wright, investigating, has appealed for anyone with information about the burglary to get in touch.
She said: “It may be that someone had tried to sell you these items or that you saw people acting suspiciously in a vehicle on Saturday night through to Sunday morning.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I would also like to remind people to always lock sheds, barns and garages, if this is the only available storage place for your valuables.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Wright via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public