Burglars spray man with CS gas in St Albans break-in
A MAN was sprayed in the face with what is believed to be CS gas in a violent burglary in St Albans.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the break-in at the property in Pinewood Close which happened at around 10pm on Wednesday, March 16.
Four men forced their way into the house and threatened a 24-year-old man in the property at the time before hitting him and leaving with a quantity of cash and a TV. The victim was also sprayed in the face with suspected CS gas and suffered cuts to his head.
Police are trying to trace the suspects, described as four black men.
Dc Neil Sutton is investigating and said: “I would firstly like to reassure people in St Albans that we believe this is a targeted attack.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to appeal to anyone who saw these men in the area around the time of the incident or saw anything out of the ordinary to contact police. I would also urge anyone who believes they know who is responsible or anyone who knows anyone who is in possession of CS gas and fits the description and doesn’t feel comfortable calling police to contact Crimestoppers anonymously.”
Contact Dc Sutton in the Local Crime Unit in St Albans on 01727 796082 or independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area