Budding performers invited to audition for St Albans’ Got Talent
- Credit: Archant
New entrants are invited to sign up for the wildcard round of St Albans’ Got Talent, a new talent competition supported by the Herts Advertiser, raising funds for Grove House Hospice.
The wildcard round, where several of the best acts will go straight through to the final stages, is taking place on July 17 from 7pm at the Royston Club in College Road.
The preliminary rounds have already attracted a diverse range of acts and ages, from eight-year-old contortionist Ebony to 61-year-old singer Marlene.
Michael Dias, technical manager and director of co-sponsor Chiswell Studios, said: “We’ve seen some great acts at our opening rounds but we know there’s more talent hidden out there. We want people to come forward and dazzle us, to be seen by industry experts and not only try and win the coveted prize but also hone their stagecraft skills and develop as a performer.”
The final will be held at the Town Hall on Friday August 7, with finalists able to film a short video introduction at Chiswell Studios, immediately earning online exposure.
You may also want to watch:
Contest director Sue Camastra said: “We are hoping to hold one of the biggest community events in St Albans. We want local people to dance, sing or just turn up to watch. Come and enjoy a great evening and help raise money for a great local charity.”
Each attendance costs £1, the proceeds of which goes directly to Grove House.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans