Budding performers invited to audition for St Albans’ Got Talent
- Credit: Archant
New entrants are invited to sign up for the wildcard round of St Albans’ Got Talent, a new talent competition supported by the Herts Advertiser, raising funds for Grove House Hospice.
The wildcard round, where several of the best acts will go straight through to the final stages, is taking place on July 17 from 7pm at the Royston Club in College Road.
The preliminary rounds have already attracted a diverse range of acts and ages, from eight-year-old contortionist Ebony to 61-year-old singer Marlene.
Michael Dias, technical manager and director of co-sponsor Chiswell Studios, said: “We’ve seen some great acts at our opening rounds but we know there’s more talent hidden out there. We want people to come forward and dazzle us, to be seen by industry experts and not only try and win the coveted prize but also hone their stagecraft skills and develop as a performer.”
The final will be held at the Town Hall on Friday August 7, with finalists able to film a short video introduction at Chiswell Studios, immediately earning online exposure.
You may also want to watch:
Contest director Sue Camastra said: “We are hoping to hold one of the biggest community events in St Albans. We want local people to dance, sing or just turn up to watch. Come and enjoy a great evening and help raise money for a great local charity.”
Each attendance costs £1, the proceeds of which goes directly to Grove House.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'