Brownies raise cash for St Albans cancer boy Bailey
ST ALBANS Brownies have shown their sweet side when it comes to supporting a brave local boy who is fighting a rare cancer for the second time.
The 13th St Albans Brownies from Homewood Road church have been saving their 20 pence coins in Smartie tubes for two months for 12 year old Bailey Sarwa, who has neuroblastoma.
The group has collected �675 for the Bailey Sarwa Appeal, which was launched by friends and family of the Year 8 Marlborough School pupil to raise funds for his urgently needed medical treatment in either Germany or the United States.
Brave Bailey, who – despite undergoing gruelling chemotherapy treatment – is also involved in raising funds for the antibody treatment denied to him in the UK, was last week treated to a spin in a Ferrari.
n A talent show is being held in June to raise funds for Bailey’s treatment. If you have a solo or group act, can dance, sing, do acrobatics, are a magician or even a contortionist, then head down to the auditions at the Royston Club, College Road, in St Albans, on May 5 and 12.
You may also want to watch:
The finals will be held at the Old Albanians Rugby Club on Harpenden Road on June 9.
For an audition entry form and information on more fundraising events please see www.baileysarwa.co.uk
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
n More than �56,000 has been donated towards Bailey’s antibody treatment. To donate go to www.bmycharity.com/BaileySarwaAppeal
n There have been more than 700 votes for the joint Dixie’s Cupcakery’s and Herts Ad’s Create a Cupcake for Bailey Competition. The competition closes at midday on April 6.