Brownies raise cash for St Albans cancer boy Bailey
ST ALBANS Brownies have shown their sweet side when it comes to supporting a brave local boy who is fighting a rare cancer for the second time.
The 13th St Albans Brownies from Homewood Road church have been saving their 20 pence coins in Smartie tubes for two months for 12 year old Bailey Sarwa, who has neuroblastoma.
The group has collected �675 for the Bailey Sarwa Appeal, which was launched by friends and family of the Year 8 Marlborough School pupil to raise funds for his urgently needed medical treatment in either Germany or the United States.
Brave Bailey, who – despite undergoing gruelling chemotherapy treatment – is also involved in raising funds for the antibody treatment denied to him in the UK, was last week treated to a spin in a Ferrari.
n A talent show is being held in June to raise funds for Bailey’s treatment. If you have a solo or group act, can dance, sing, do acrobatics, are a magician or even a contortionist, then head down to the auditions at the Royston Club, College Road, in St Albans, on May 5 and 12.
The finals will be held at the Old Albanians Rugby Club on Harpenden Road on June 9.
For an audition entry form and information on more fundraising events please see www.baileysarwa.co.uk
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 6 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 10 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross
n More than �56,000 has been donated towards Bailey’s antibody treatment. To donate go to www.bmycharity.com/BaileySarwaAppeal
n There have been more than 700 votes for the joint Dixie’s Cupcakery’s and Herts Ad’s Create a Cupcake for Bailey Competition. The competition closes at midday on April 6.