Brothers reopen store in Catherine Street, St Albans
TWO entrepreneurial brothers are hoping that their new business will one day be regarded as the heart of a small community in St Albans city centre.
Kishan and Amit Subron have taken over the newsagents on Catherine Street and renamed it Subron’s Convenience, with the ambition of turning it into a highly-regarded and reliable shop which meets the needs of residents nearby.
Amit, 23, and his brother Kishan, 27, are also hoping to be able to support schools and groups in the area, in a bid to fully integrate their business into the local community.
Both brothers are originally from North London but studied at the University of Hertfordshire and were keen to return to the area when they saw the opportunity.
Amit said: “We really just want the community to know that we are here and that we just want the opportunity to make a difference in a place that we’re really fond of.”
His brother Kishan added: “Our aim is to bring this shop back to life and make the street a healthier place by supplying our locals with the essentials.
“But our goals do not stop there; we both come from a sporting background and have done loads of community events in London boroughs, so we would like to help the community in sponsoring events and charities where possible.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 9 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
“People just need to get in touch with us at the shop.”