Brothers reopen store in Catherine Street, St Albans
TWO entrepreneurial brothers are hoping that their new business will one day be regarded as the heart of a small community in St Albans city centre.
Kishan and Amit Subron have taken over the newsagents on Catherine Street and renamed it Subron’s Convenience, with the ambition of turning it into a highly-regarded and reliable shop which meets the needs of residents nearby.
Amit, 23, and his brother Kishan, 27, are also hoping to be able to support schools and groups in the area, in a bid to fully integrate their business into the local community.
Both brothers are originally from North London but studied at the University of Hertfordshire and were keen to return to the area when they saw the opportunity.
Amit said: “We really just want the community to know that we are here and that we just want the opportunity to make a difference in a place that we’re really fond of.”
You may also want to watch:
His brother Kishan added: “Our aim is to bring this shop back to life and make the street a healthier place by supplying our locals with the essentials.
“But our goals do not stop there; we both come from a sporting background and have done loads of community events in London boroughs, so we would like to help the community in sponsoring events and charities where possible.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
“People just need to get in touch with us at the shop.”